Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why I Relay--from Sabine McGettigan

I am a breast cancer survivor. I did everything "right"...didn't smoke or drink, ate all natural foods, exercised like a Marine! Even my fruit trees got eaten up by bugs because I would not use pesticides. I breast fed four babies. No family members had ever gotten cancer. With no risk factors whatsoever, I thought I was immune, but I still got cancer.

Because of research funded by the American Cancer Society. I lived to raise my sons. I've lived to see grandchildren arrive, and I've lived to take my granddaughter to see the sun set over Sedona!

I relay so that my daughter and granddaughter might never have to face the terror that I felt during that long cold winter of chemotherapy.

I relay because of beautiful friends right here in Second Life who are even now facing cancer treatment and living with the fear and uncertainty of never knowing when or if it will come back.

I relay because I'm Passionate for a Cure!

Sabine McGettigan
Captain, Passionate Redheads

Please, if you wish to share why you relay with your teammates, drop a notecard on Samara Barzane inworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment